I recently found a really nice tool to do code analysis and exploration:

https://www.sourcetrail.com/

Sourcetrail supports C, C++, Java and Python. It also integrates
well into many standard editors (in both directions).

It's great for analyzing dependencies in code and navigating the code
base. Indexing takes a bit long, but then you only do this once in
a while.

I suppose this could be of great help for new core devs, as well
as seasoned one exploring new parts of the code base.

--
Marc-Andre Lemburg
eGenix.com

Professional Python Services directly from the Experts (#1, Aug 27 2021)

               https://www.egenix.com/company/contact/
                     https://www.malemburg.com/