On Wed, Jan 5, 2022 at 7:04 AM Petr Viktorin <encu...@gmail.com> wrote:
> IMO, there should be a PEP for wide-reaching changes like bpo-40521, and
> the PEP should be actually *approved* before such changes are made.

FWIW, I plan on posting a PEP by the end of the week regarding
per-interpreter GIL and the related work.

> In bpo-46006 itself, there are two proposed PRs, each corresponding to a
> slightly different vision of how subinterpreters should be isolated.  I
> don't know which is right. If we had a PEP, I could read it and decide,
> but I can't -- the people driving this effort have different ideas of
> the big picture.

Victor's goal is the same as mine.  The only difference here is the
steps involved.  (In this case, the interned strings were made
per-interpreter prematurely.)  I'm clarifying this in that PEP.

-eroc