This has been discussed before, and I think it came down to that it wasn't clear how this is any better than simply generating your httpd.conf with an outside Python script.

I think some other arguments were that this changes the syntax of the config file very radically and therefore this isn't the right idea (regardless of the language) and also the Python indentation becomes an issue to deal with.

Grisha