Jim Gallacher wrote:
Graham Dumpleton wrote:
Jim Gallacher wrote ..
Although there is no JIRA issue for it, I'd like to see us do a quick code cleanup. I see lots of complier warnings about unused variables and
it would be nice to excise the offending bits of code. I figure we are
more likely to spot real problems if the compiler is spewing less noise.
If there are no objections I'll do this over the weekend.

Hmmm, I thought I had gone through and got rid of just about all of them.
The only ones which I didn't fix up were some of the magic Python callbacks for deleting objects or something. I couldn't change these as I don't think
some appropriate typedef or something existed in older versions of Python
we still support.

You may well be correct. It's been a while since I sat and watched the
compiler output and that may have been when I was doing some leak
testing on 3.2.10.

I did a quick check on r466129 and it looks pretty good. There are still a couple outstanding instances however. It looks like they are in code that you worked on, Graham. (Not really a surprise, since you've worked on almost all of the code. ;) ) I can't see any harm in deleting the offending bits, but perhaps you could review just to make sure lines are in fact superfluous, as opposed to a lurking bug.

mod_python.c:2437: warning: unused variable 'srv_conf'
mod_python.c:2677: warning: unused variable 'ppath'
requestobject.c:535: warning: unused variable 'result'
requestobject.c:554: warning: unused variable 'result'
requestobject.c:658: warning: unused variable 'result'

Jim