Guido van Rossum <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Sure. There are lots of FAQs whose answer is not "Python will have to change".

And I'm not saying Python has to change either, hence the initial query
and planned PEP.  Boiling it down; if we could change import in such a
way that made standard library imports different from standard library
imports, we could fix module shadowing and perhaps gain a "bonus feature"
or two.

[...]

> > Sounds good.  I'll see what I can do this weekend about getting a
> > proto-pep started.
> [...]
> > You make very good points about naming in sys.modules.  I will think
> > about this and place some options in the proto-pep.
>
> I recommend that you try to produce a working implementation (using
> import hooks so you can write the whole thing in Python). This is
> likely to clarify many of the semantic problems that I have tried to
> hint at.

Will do.

Thank you,
 - Josiah