Anthony> Goal 4: Try and prevent something like
    Anthony>             try:
    Anthony>                   True, False
    Anthony>             except NameError:
    Anthony>                   True, False = 1, 0
    Anthony>             from ever ever happening again.

I will point out that in the transition from 2.3 to 2.4 our code that uses
sets has

    try:
        x = set
    except NameError:
        from sets import Set as set
    else:
        del x

Rather ugly.  I suppose I could just put the necessary incantation in
sitecustomize to dump the set name in builtins, but it would be kinda nice
if this sort of thing could be avoided in the future.

Skip