-----Original Message-----
From: "Martin v. Lowis" [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Saturday, March 12, 2005 3:12 PM
To: Leeuw van der, Tim
Cc: python-dev@python.org
Subject: Re: [Python-Dev] Python2.4.1c1 and win32com

> Leeuw van der, Tim wrote:
> > The generated files crash the Python interpreter with Python 2.4
> >
> > Under Python 2.4.1c1, They give a syntax error!?
>
> Even though the bug was fixed in pywin, it is interesting to observe
> that Mark's analysis says
>
> "Cause of the underling crash is that the generated .py
> causes an overflow as the byte-code is generated - something
> in 2.4 bloated the byte-code for these modules."
>
> There also seems to be an interaction with PEP 263, for which patch
> 1101726 might provide a solution.
>
> So I think this needs to be investigated; please submit a bug report,
> including the Python file that causes the crash.

I agree that this needs to be investigated, b/c valid code shouldn't result in
a syntax error. But just to make sure there's no misunderstandings:
Python2.4.1rc1 fixed the crashes.
And the generated file is 1.5Mb big; I think I should not post it as - is but
rather compress it? What's the best advice on attaching such large files?