Vincent Wehren wrote:
To check what I mentioned on comp.lang.python earlier, I ran the installer
again (with 2.4.1 still intact), selected the "Change Python 2.4.1c1" radio
button, clicked the "Finish" Button, clicked the "Advanced" button, clicked
the "Cancel" button, and clicked "Yes" to the question "Are you sure you
want to cancel the Python 2.4.1c1 installation". This crashed msiexec.exe. I was able to reproduce this on Windows XP
Professional, Service Pack 2.

I could reproduce it, but I doubt I can do anything about it. When it asked whether I want to report this to MS, I did - recently, I learned what the magic procedure behind this analysis is, and that there is a good chance that this report really ends up at the developer of installer responsible for the code that crashed. I'm pretty certain it is none of my code which causes the crash (the same rule applies as with Python: it may raise an exception, bring up an error message, and so on - but it should never crash).

Regards,
Martin