Brett C. wrote:
Guido van Rossum wrote:
Yet another alternative would be for the default behaviour to be to raise
Exceptions, and continue with anything else, and have the third argument be
"raise_exc=True" and set it to False to pass an exception in without raising it.

You've lost me there. If you care about this, can you write it up in
more detail (with code samples or whatever)? Or we can agree on a 2nd
arg to __next__() (and a 3rd one to next()).

Channeling Nick, I think he is saying that the raising argument should be made True by default and be named 'raise_exc'.

Pretty close, although I'd say 'could' rather than 'should', as it was an idle thought, rather than something I actually consider a good idea.

Cheers,
Nick.

--
Nick Coghlan   |   [EMAIL PROTECTED]   |   Brisbane, Australia