Jim Jewett wrote:

> In case it isn't clear, I think named loops would be a mistake.  I
> wanted them when I first started, but ... at the moment, I can't
> think of any usage that wasn't an ugly speed hack, which is at
> least more explicit with the "raise Found" idiom.

I'm inclined to agree. Anything more elaborate than
breaking from a single place in the immediately
enclosing loop tends to be getting into the realm
of spaghetti, in my experience. Giving people named
loops would be tantamount almost to giving them
a goto.

University of Canterbury,          | A citizen of NewZealandCorp, a       |
Christchurch, New Zealand          | wholly-owned subsidiary of USA Inc.  |