Paul Moore wrote:
> Unfortunately, I don't have a better naming suggestion (other than
> simply "template", which is probably too general to work), so I just
> raise this as something you should expect to need to clarify a few
> times...

PEP 346 used "statement_template" for the generator decorator. That
could be shortened to "stmt_template" without losing much in
readability ("stmt" being a fairly common abbreviation of "statement").

Avoiding the problem with the English meaning of the phrases "do
template" and "with template" was part of the reason for PEP 346's
choice of name (the other part being that the name tied in nicely with
that PEP's "user defined statement" terminology).

Cheers,
Nick.

--
Nick Coghlan   |   [EMAIL PROTECTED]   |   Brisbane, Australia