> It doesn't for me (CVS HEAD, OS X Panther).

Note sure what you mean "CVS HEAD", you mean the latest python from
cvs? 2.4? I'm still using the Apple python, which is straight 2.3.

> Have you, you know, tried to debug the situation yourself?  If you
> have gcc installed, you probably have gdb installed too...

It's been around 7 years since I've used C, I've forgotten virtually
everything I may have known about gdb, I've never worked with the
C-python API before... meanwhile there is intense time pressure to get
the next release of our product (http://www.goombah.com) ready. So it's
just not practical for me to take that on myself now. I'm hoping to get
some help from other pythonistas where someone will say -- "yes, it's
getting a bus error for so-and-so reason, and if you do it this other
way, you'll be fine..."

Thanks,
Gary

--