Guido van Rossum wrote:
> > By the way, it also occurs to me that for the sake of subclassability, the
> > methods should not return 'path(somestr)' when creating new objects, but
> > instead use self.__class__(somestr).
>
> Clearly it needs a PEP.

I haven't read the rest of the thread
Once, there was a path-related pre-PEP.
http://topjaklont.student.utwente.nl/creaties/path/pep-xxxx.html
It was never finished, nor am I working on it, but it's public domain.
Just wanted to remind potential PEP-authors.

regards,
Gerrit.

--
Weather in Twenthe, Netherlands 29/06 10:55:
        18.0°C Few clouds mostly cloudy wind 1.3 m/s None (57 m above NAP)
    -Dwight David Eisenhower, January 17, 1961