On 7/19/05, Ruslan Spivak <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I was reading source code for bltinmodule.c and found probably erroneus
> stuff in filter function. I'm newbie to python inners and don't know if
> attached code is worth for a patch submission.
>
> I would appreciate if someone could take a look at it and if it's ok
> then i'll make submission, otherwise just drop it.

As was already said, thanks for your contribution!

I noticed in your patch that you also did "whitespace normalization"
of the file before diffing it. This is generally not a good idea -- it
distracts the reader of the patch from the actual bug the patch is
fixing. In your case, 4 out of 6 patch chunks were spurious.

We do like to keep our whitespace normalized, but as a rule we only do
this in patches that don't make otherwise significant changes, so that
the semantic changes are separate from the cleanups.

That's a minor nit, however -- thanks for finding the memory leak!