On 9/20/05, Phillip J. Eby <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> At 12:17 PM 9/20/2005 -0700, Guido van Rossum wrote:
> >colons. None of the other  expression forms (list comprehensions and
> >generator expressions) involving statement keywords use colons.
>
> +1, despite the fact that we seem on a slippery slope towards becoming a
> kind of infix Lisp.  ;)  Between (yield x), (x for x in y), and now (if x
> then y else z), it seems that parentheses are all the rage now. Will we get
> (try <expr> finally <expr>) next?  <0.5 wink>

+1 from me as well.  The use will be much more obvious to a newbie
syntactic-heavy listcomps in Haskell and I must say that Python's
version is much nicer.  I like the wordy version.  =)

> > > *If* you want general community input, I would suggest a runoff ballot
> > > with
> > > those four choices (and a summary of pros and cons of each), or fewer if
> > > you see any as unacceptible.
> >
> >If there's one thing I've learned from the PEP 308 vote, it is that
> >votes for language don't work. I prefer some discussion on Python-dev
> >after which I pick one.
>
> Also +1.  :)

+1 from me, although I sure got lambasted by some people when I said I
liked this style during the whole decorator debate.  =)

-Brett