On Mon, 2005-10-17 at 23:46, Guido van Rossum wrote:

> But I still like the version with strings better:
>
>     x = property('get_x', 'set_x')
>
> This trades two lambdas for two pairs of string quotes; a good deal IMO!

You could of course "just" do the wrapping in property().  I put that in
quotes because you'd have the problem of knowing when to wrap and when
not to, but there would be ways to solve that.  But I won't belabor the
point any longer, except to ask what happens when you typo one of those
strings?  What kind of exception do you get and when do you get it?

-Barry