I would really like it if someone could run Purify (or another memory
tool) on Windows.  Purify on any another (unix) platform would be
nice, but I doubt it will show much more.  By using different tools,
problems not found by one tool may be found by the other.  Plus there
is windows specific code that isn't exercised at all right now.

Any takers?

I still think the total references at the end of a test run are high,
342291.  I don't have anything to base this number on.  Some strategic
interning should help this number go down a bit.  I suppose I
shouldn't worry much since these references don't seem to become
actual memory leaks.