Ian Bicking wrote:

> This is somewhat tangential to this discussion, but I did have the
> Python documentation in mind as a potential future target for
> Commentary: http://pythonpaste.org/comment/commentary/ -- which would
> allow more casual contributions that seem to work well for other projects.

indeed.

Commentary worked better this time than last time I tinkered with it.  a few
notes:

- it would be nice to be able to cancel a new note by double-clicking again
in the same spot (at least as long as the note is empty)

- IE support seems to be a little shaky; klicking and entering text works fine,
but when I click "save", nothing happens.  in IE, that is.  if I look at the
site in
Firefox, the note is there.

- if you click "edit this comment" on an existing note, and then click cancel,
the note disappears (in Firefox).  double-clicking on the associated block no
longer works, after that, so the note is still in there somewhere...

- many notes added to the same place may squeeze the original text into a
very narrow column.  note sure how to address that, but some kind of "mini-
mize" or "hide" feature could be nice.

</F>