Martin v. Löwis wrote:
> If you want to type something consistently across platforms, you can
> currently do

I'm not sure what to say to that.  Do you really want to type "raise
SystemExit" every time you want to exit the interpreter?  (Your answer
would probably be something like "No -- that's why I use Ctrl-D".  But
that wouldn't really get us anywhere, would it?)

My point is that there is currently no acceptable, universal way to exit
the interpreter.  Again, it's not that big of a deal... but it seems
silly that something apparently trivial like that cannot be done right.

--
Hans Nowak
http://zephyrfalcon.org/