On 1/6/06, Michael Urman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I put together a non-parsing checker last month to help me feel more
> secure after http://python.org/sf/1365916. It's awful code, but the
> simple things are easy to change or extend. Fixing the false positives
> and other misinterpretations is harder.

Perhaps you could use Synopsis to parse the C code?

  http://synopsis.fresco.org/

I'm hoping to look into this more.  IIRC, it generates an AST from the
C source which you can iterate over to find problems.  It's got Python
APIs.

I was hoping it could provide the basis for a static analysis tool to
help find local memory (ref) leaks among other things.