Georg Brandl <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> The call to curses.setupterm() leaves my terminal in a bad state.

Hmm.

> The reset program outputs:
> Erase set to delete.
> Kill set to control-U (^U).
> Interrupt set to control-C (^C).

It always says that :) (unless you've messed with stty, I guess)

> Doesn't the setupterm() have to be paired with something like shutdownterm()?

Not as far as my memory of curses goes.  From the man page:

       The setupterm routine reads in the terminfo database,
       initializing the terminfo structures, but does not set up the
       output virtualization structures used by curses.

What platform are you on?

Cheers,
mwh

--