Terry Reedy wrote:
>>>I think 2.58 actually had a brown-paper-bag release style bug, but
>>>2.59 has been out for ages now.  If we were prepared to
>>>AC_PREREQ(2.59), I think this whole issue could go away.
>>
>>It seems you are right, so I removed the file, and require ac 2.59.
>

> Does this mean that ctypes can and will be included with 2.5?

No; as Michael Hudson said: this is an entirely unrelated issue,
with Python's aclocal.m4 (which I deleted). It just occurred to
him that this had TODOs as well (from a technological view, not from
a licensing view).

However, Hye-Shik Chan is to praise for looking into the libffi
build process. So there is still a good chance that ctypes will
be in 2.5 (if he or somebody else follows up).

Regards,
Martin