From: Zachary Ware
Sent: Friday, May 18, 2018 9:15
To: Python-Dev
Subject: Re: [Python-Dev] please help triage VSTS failures

On Fri, May 18, 2018 at 10:55 AM, Gregory P. Smith <g...@krypto.org> wrote:
> These both look like VSTS infrastructure falling over on PRs:
>
>  https://python.visualstudio.com/cpython/_build?buildId=522
>
>  https://python.visualstudio.com/cpython/_build?buildId=523
>
> I don't see anywhere that gives information about the failures. (*)

Somewhat non-intuitively, logs are available by clicking something in
the tree in the left column (in particular, the inner-most thing with
a red X).  Do be sure to choose "Logs" in the right pane rather than
"Tests"; "Tests" appears to be a separate feature that we don't use.

> These CI failures on different platforms are both for the same change, on
> different branches, for a documentation only change.  That passed on the
> other branches and platforms for the same change.

The Windows failure appears to be the test_asyncio instability that
has been popping up everywhere the past couple of days.  The Linux
failure looks like a mis-use of Tools/ssl/multissltests.py in the
setup, but I thought I'd seen a checkin go by that removed that.

--
Zach