Something that may change is the way they treat Github
accounts, after all, MS is very much a sales driven company.

But then there's always the possibility to move to Gitlab
as alternative (hosted or run on PSF VMs), so I would
worry too much.

Do note, however, that the value in Github is not so much with
the products they have, but with the data. Their databases
know more about IT developer than anyone else and given
that Github is put under the AI umbrella in MS should tell
us something :-)

On 04.06.2018 19:02, Antoine Pitrou wrote:

> That's true, but Microsoft has a lot of stakes in the ecosystem.
> For example, since it has its own CI service that it tries to promote
> (VSTS), is it in Microsoft's best interest to polish and improve
> integrations with other CI services?
>
> Regards
>
> Antoine.
>

> On Mon, 4 Jun 2018 09:06:28 -0700
> Guido van Rossum <gu...@python.org> wrote:
>> On Mon, Jun 4, 2018 at 8:40 AM, Antoine Pitrou <solip...@pitrou.net> wrote:

>>> It does spell uncertainty on the long term.  While there is no need to
>>> worry for now, I think it gives a different colour to the debate about
>>> moving issues to Github.
>>>

>> I don't see how this *increases* the uncertainty. Surely if GitHub had
>> remained independent there would have been be similar concerns about how it
>> would make enough money to stay in business.

Marc-Andre Lemburg
eGenix.com

Professional Python Services directly from the Experts (#1, Jun 05 2018)

               http://www.egenix.com/company/contact/
                      http://www.malemburg.com/