On 2018-07-05 04:28, Ivan Pozdeev via Python-Dev wrote:
This is as intended.
I wanted to show my summary and Chris' refuttal, with links to both original posts. Because my letter is much shorter than the originals while carrying the same message. Also to show that I've made the same mistake, which puts things in perspective: how an outsider could get the wrong idea.

There will always be a long tail of new languages doing any and everything. Which new languages are actually being used? The more limited ones. Static typing, fewer foot-guns.

Arguably Elixir should have been in the original list, but it is practically unknown compared to Kotlin, for example.

-Mike