On 7/8/2018 1:05 PM, Ivan Pozdeev via Python-Dev wrote:
I'll use this opportunity to remind you that 3.4 build is broken -- it can't be built from start to installer with the instructions given because of outside factors (CPython has migrated from Hg to Git). https://bugs.python.org/issue31623 about this was ignored (see https://bugs.python.org/issue31623#msg303708 for supplemental fixes).

If this isn't something considered needing a fix, the claim that 3.4 is supported in any shape and form is but a pretense

Another wild exaggeration that inhibits me, and I suspect others, from attending to your legitimate issue.

-- if something can't be built, it can't be used.

but 3.4 source security releases can be built and used on *nix.

What is true is that we do not currently support building new releases on XP. We never did for 3.5, and can no longer test for 3.4. Partly as a consequence, we are not currently supporting (updating scripts for) building 3.4 on Windows. But Windows is not all systems.