"Nick Coghlan" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Hell no. If I want to write a real function, I already have perfectly
> good
> syntax for that in the form of a def statement. I want to *increase* the
> conceptual (and pedagogical) difference between deferred expressions and
> real
> functions, not reduce it.

Mathematically, a function is a function.  Expressions and statements are
two syntaxes for composing functions to create/define new functions.  A few
languages use just one or the other.  Python intentionally uses both.  But
I think making an even bigger deal of surface syntax is exactly the wrong
movement, especially pedagogically.

Terry Jan Reedy