Hi,

I’m looking at PyOS_CheckStack because this feature might be useful on macOS
(and when I created bpo-33955 for this someone ran with it and created a patch).

Does anyone remember why the interpreter raises MemoryError and not
RecursionError when PyOS_CheckStack detects that we’re about to run out of
stack space?

The reason I’m looking into this is that the default stack size on macOS is
fairly small and I’d like to avoid crashing the interpreter when running out of
stackspace on threads created by the system (this is less of a risk on threads
created by Python itself because we can arrange for a large enough stack in
that case).

Ronald