Giovanni Bajo wrote:
>>ctime should be provided to report whatever ctime used to report in
>>the past (i.e. creation_time on Windows, status_change_time on Unix).
>

> In other words, if there are mistakes in the old API, this is the time to
> fix them. Why should we carry them over to a new API?

I'm not talking about all API in general, I'm talking about ctime
specifically. People will ask "where is ctime?", and it better be
where they think it should be. I don't see a point in confusing
users.

(Plus, there might be systems that associate yet a different meaning
with ctime - it is just our guess that it means "status change time").

Regards,
Martin