On Tue, Oct 2, 2018 at 8:54 PM Michael Felt <aixto...@felt.demon.nl> wrote:

> On 10/2/2018 4:45 PM, Erik Bray wrote:
> > Michael, if there are any PRs you want to point me to that I might be
> > able to help review please do.
> A little trick I learned:
> https://github.com/python/cpython/pulls?q=is%3Aopen+is%3Apr+author%3Aaixtools+sort%3Aupdated-desc
> lists them all.

Cool, I'll have a look.

> What "flipped my switch" yesterday was discovering a PR that I was
> gifted (by an ex? core-dev) and put in the system back in January is now
> broken by a patch merged about two weeks ago. Worse, pieces of
> test_ctypes(bitfields) that previously worked when using __xlc__ seem to
> be broken. Which highlighted the "time pressure" of getting tests to
> pass so that regressions can be seen.

Yes, that can certainly happen.  I have many PRs floating around on
different projects that, you know, get stalled for months and months
and inevitably break.  It's extremely frustrating, but we've all been
there :)

> If you let me know what info you would need (I gave lots of debug info
> two years ago to get that initial fix).
>
> And, I guess the other "larger" change re: test_distutils. Also, some
> issues specific to xlc being different from gcc.
>
> Those two do not show on the gccfarm buildbot.
>
> Many thanks for the offer! I'll try to not take more than the hand offered!
> >   I don't know anything about AIX either
> > and am not a core dev so I can't have a final say.  But I've been
> > hacking on CPython for a long time anyways, and might be able to help
> > at least with some initial review.

I also about to ask if you have a buildbot for AIX, and I see now you
have several. So step in the right direction!