On Nov 4, 2018, at 10:12, Stephane Wirtel <steph...@wirtel.be> wrote:
> 3. On this after-noon, I have reviewed a PR, and I was in the same case,
> download the PR, build python, compile the doc and run the local server.
>
> My workflow is the following steps:
>
> git wpr XYZ
> cd ../cpython-XYZ
> ./configure --prefix=$PWD-build --with-pydebug --silent
> make -j 4 -s
> make PYTHON=../python -C Doc/ venv
> make -C Doc/ check suspicious html serve
>
> and run the browser on http://localhost:8000/ and check the result.

To address one point, there's no need to run a web server to review the docs.
The generated docs can be viewed directly by any modern web browser by opening
one of the files in the web browser's file menu.  Or perhaps easier, you can
click on any of the generated html files; or on macOS you can use the open(1)
command from the shell to open and view in the default web browser.

$ open build/html/index.html

--
  Ned Deily
  n...@python.org -- []