Not to belabor the point but:

On Nov 4, 2018, at 19:39, Sorin Sbarnea <sorin.sbar...@gmail.com> wrote:
> TBH, I don't really know how a human can check the docs if they cannot access
> them on a webserver.

It's actually trivially easy with the Python doc set because the docs were
designed to also be downloadable and usable off-line.  That is, the same files
html, js, css, and other resources that get built and loaded onto the website
can also be just browsed directly from a file system, like:

firefox Doc/build/html/index.html

or, say, using the Open File command in Safari or whatever.  No web server is
needed.

The docsets for the heads of each of the active branches are built and packaged
nightly and downloadable from python.org:

https://docs.python.org/3/download.html

Also, archive copies of the docset at the time of each release is downloadable
from here:

https://www.python.org/doc/versions/

There are built using the same Doc/Makefile found in the cpython repo branches
and the resulting Doc/build/html directory contains the docset for that
snapshot of the repo with every file in the proper location for the webbrowser
to load directly.

--
  Ned Deily
  n...@python.org -- []