On 2/7/06, Christopher Armstrong <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > Twisted is wonderful, powerful, rich, and very large.  Perhaps a small
> > subset could be carefully extracted
>
> The subject of putting (parts of) Twisted into the standard library
> comes up once every 6 months or so, at least on our mailing list. For
> all that I think asyncore is worthless, I'm still against copying
> Twisted into the stdlib. Or at least I'm not willing to maintain the
> necessary fork, and I fear the nightmares about versioning that can
> easily occur when you've got both standard library and third party
> versions of a project.

I wouldn't be enthusiastic about putting all of Twisted in the stdlib
either.  Twisted is on a different release schedule than Python.
However, isn't there a relatively small core subset like Alex
mentioned that isn't changing much?  Could we split up those
components and have those live in the core, but the vast majority of
Twisted live outside as it does now?