On Fri, 30 Nov 2018 13:00:37 -0800
Glenn Linderman <v+pyt...@g.nevcal.com> wrote:

> So it would be nice if http.server and http.client could get some basic
> improvements to be complete, or if the docs could point to a replacement
> that is a complete server, but without a philosophy or framework
> (bloatware) to have to learn and/or work around.

Why do you think http.server is any different?  If you want to
implement your own Web service with http.server you must implement your
own handler class, which is not very different from writing a handler
for a third-party HTTP server.  Maybe you're so used to this way of
doing that you find it "natural", but in reality http.server is as
opinionated as any other HTTP server implementation.

By the way, there is a framework in the stdlib, it's called asyncio.
And I'm sure you'll find production-ready HTTP servers written for
it :-)

Regards

Antoine.