On 2019-02-26, Stephane Wirtel wrote:
> I also filled an issue [2] for brotlipy (used by httpbin and requests).
> The problem is with PyInterpreterState.

I tried compiling psycopg2 today and it has a similar problem:

    psycopg/psycopgmodule.c: In function ‘psyco_is_main_interp’:
    psycopg/psycopgmodule.c:689:18: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete
type ‘PyInterpreterState’ {aka ‘struct _is’}
         while (interp->next)

That code is inside a function:

    /* Return nonzero if the current one is the main interpreter */
    static int
    psyco_is_main_interp(void)

I believe the correct fix is to use PEP 3121 per-interpreter module
state.  I created a new issue:

    https://github.com/psycopg/psycopg2/issues/854

I think the fix is not trival as the psycopgmodule.c source code has
change a fair bit to use the PEP 3121 APIs.

Regards,

  Neil