19.03.19 16:21, Paul Ganssle пише:
I'm not sure the relationship with mkdir and mktemp here. I don't see
any uses of tempfile.mktemp in pip or setuptools, though they do use
os.mkdir (which is not deprecated).

Both pip and setuptools use pytest's tmpdir_factory.mktemp() in their
test suites, but I believe that is not the same thing.

My fault!

Initially I searched mktemp, and have found usages in distutils, tests, and few other modules in the stdlib. When I wrote the last message I repeat the search on the wider set of Python sources, but for *mkdir* instead of *mktemp*! Thank you for catching this mistake Paul.

Actually, seems mktemp is used exclusively in tests in third-party projects.