Hi, all.

PEP 7 includes some C99 features.
I propose to add include anonymous union and struct to the list.
https://www.geeksforgeeks.org/g-fact-38-anonymous-union-and-structure/

Anonymous union and struct are C11 feature, not C99.
But gcc and MSVC supported it as language extension from before C11.

Anonymous union is useful when all union members have different names.
Especially, when we need to add dummy member only for padding / alignment,
union name looks too verbose:

... # in some struct
union {
    struct {
       int member1;
       int member2;
    } s;
    long double _dummy;  // for largest alignment.
} u;
x.u.s.member1 = 42;

vs

union {
    struct {
       int member1;
       int member2;
    };
    long double _dummy;  // for largest alignment.
};
x.member1 = 42;

Does anyone know compiler which can be use to compile Python but
doesn't support anonymous union / struct?

Regards,
--
Inada Naoki  <songofaca...@gmail.com>