26.07.19 08:27, Inada Naoki пише:
On Fri, Jul 26, 2019 at 2:03 PM Random832 <random...@fastmail.com> wrote:
Items also sometimes contains unhashable types, and some methods simply fail in that case. I
suggest that this precedent provides a way forward - implement the entire intuitive "contains
the same amount of each value" algorithm [more or less Counter(obj1) == Counter(obj2)], and
have this fail naturally, throwing e.g. an exception "TypeError: unhashable type: 'list'"
if any of the values are unhashable in the same way that trying to perform certain set operations
on an items view does.

-1.  What is the motivation of this?
In this case, I don't think "I found missing parts so I want to
implement it for consistency"
is not enough reason to implement it.

I want a real-world application which requires it.
Without a strong use case, I think the discussion is just wasting time.

Completely agreed.