On 25.11.2019 9:50, Terry Reedy wrote:
On 11/24/2019 7:30 PM, Ivan Pozdeev via Python-Dev wrote:

On 25.11.2019 1:10, Terry Reedy wrote:
Travis passed https://github.com/python/cpython/pull/17366
but a half hour later twice failed
https://github.com/python/cpython/pull/17370

This is build logic's fault, `python3.8` is not guaranteed to be present. I believe Configure is finding pyenv's shim which is present but returns 127 when run if there's no underlying executable to invoke. This is proven by "pyenv: python3.8: command not found".

https://github.com/python/cpython/pull/17371

This looks like Travis' fault, 3.7.1 should be preinstalled in Xenial with `language: c` according to my findings: https://github.com/travis-ci/docs-travis-ci-com/pull/2413/files#diff-fb862f5208fb2361d2280b621831f6b3

I reported this:
https://github.com/travis-ci/docs-travis-ci-com/pull/2413#issuecomment-557942367

Thank you for reporting.  8 hrs later it is still down.  Maybe tomorrow
something will happen.

Don't count on this being fixed fast: I said that this is not even an official
guarantee yet.

Either move to Bionic where python 3.7 is available from Apt, or use `language: python`+`python: 3.7` or `language: generic` (where 3.7.1 is hopefully more reliably preinstalled) and install Clang 7 from Apt.

But note that the text stating that is not yet in the official documentation. (Current text says that it should be preinstalled but not for which languages.)

saying
pyenv: python3.8: command not found
pyenv: version `3.7.1' not installed

--