On 24. 01. 20 22:54, Serhiy Storchaka wrote:
23.01.20 17:20, Victor Stinner пише:

 > * Removed collections aliases to ABC classes

Adding loud warning was one of largest compatibility breaking changes in 3.8, because many active projects treat warnings in tests as errors. I had doubts about removing them. On one side, they were deprecated for a very long time. On other side, most time it was silent deprecation, and the removal will affect too much projects. I agree with deferring this removal.

Some data points:

This has so far affected ~65 from ~200 projects that we found fail to build in Fedora w/3.9.

 > * Remove "U" mode of open(): having to use io.open() just for Python 2
 > makes the code uglier

~10

* Removed tostring/fromstring methods in array.array and base64 modules

~10

* Removed fractions.gcd() function (which is similar to math.gcd())

0

* Removed old plistlib API: 2.7 doesn't have the new API

2

--
Miro Hrončok