On 3/24/2020 7:21 PM, Dennis Sweeney wrote:
It seems that there is a consensus on the names ``removeprefix`` and
``removesuffix``. I will update the PEP accordingly. I'll also simplify sample
Python implementation to primarily reflect *intent* over strict type-checking
correctness, and I'll adjust the accompanying commentary accordingly.

Lastly, since the issue of multiple prefixes/suffixes is more controversial and
seems that it would not affect how the single-affix cases would work, I can
remove that from this PEP and allow someone else with a stronger opinion about
it to propose and defend a set of semantics in a different PEP. Is there any
objection to deferring this to a different PEP?

No objection. I think that's a good idea.

Eric