26.03.20 01:04, Cameron Simpson пише:
My concern is basicly that in normal Python usage, the names within a class (and thus the names in an enum) are named to be distinct within the class namespace. So I would not expect the names for particular values to have extra qualification (eg I expect them to be like the "RED" in my two class example - getting "module_name.RED" doesn't inform the user about which class is in use, and since they might reasonably have different concrete values like 4 versus 7 that seems unfortunate).

module_name.RED can have only one value. It cannot be 4 and 7 at the same time. If you have an example of conflict, please report it on the bug tracker.

So my discomfort is present only if there were a general change affecting all enums, rather than a socket-module-specific change affecting just the enums from the socket module.

No, it is not a socket-module-specific change. No, it is not a general change affecting all enum. It is only about Enum._convert_().