17.06.20 11:42, Victor Stinner пише:
zip(strict=True) should help to write more reliable code. Maybe it's
time to review stdlib code to check if some functions would deserve
the addition of strict=True? I had a look and found a few suspicious
usage of zip(). But I'm not sure if we want to make these functions
stricter.

I did have such plan:

1. Add the zip_equal() builtin and replace all calls of zip() with zip_equal().
2. Run tests and revert zip_equal() back to zip() until tests pass.
3. Manually review all remaining zip_equal() and left only these which are absolutely correct.
4. Replace zip_equal() with zip(strict=True).

It would be easier if add a new function instead of a new keyword argument to the existing function.