Le lun. 29 juin 2020 à 12:50, Inada Naoki <songofaca...@gmail.com> a écrit :
> > > ## PyUnicode_EncodeDecimal
> > >
> > > It is not documented.  It has not been deprecated by Py_DEPRECATED.
> > > Plan: Add Py_DEPRECATED in Python 3.9 and remove it in 3.11.
> >
> > I understood that the replacement function is the private
> > _PyUnicode_TransformDecimalAndSpaceToASCII() function. This function
> > is used by complex, float and int types to convert a string into a
> > number.
> >

> Should we make it public?

In the past, we expose everything "just in case" someone would like to
use it. 30 years later, the C API has hundreds of functions, we don't
know which ones are used or not, the C API is not well tested, etc.

Unless there is a clear user request with a strong use case which
cannot be solved with existing functions, I suggest to *not* add any
new C API function.

Victor