If we are still not certain about the exact language to describe match then I
would ask if the 'case' token is really required. It seems that I would prefer

match expr:
    pattern0:
        block0
    pattern1:
        block1
else:
    blockdefault

where the else:  clause is optional.

Also for me the unusual case is the assignment to names in the pattern and I
would prefer that that be marked in some way; I didn't like .name, but ?name
seems OK (or perhaps => name). Also the restriction that assigned vars should
only occur once in a pattern seems wrong.  I would regard it as an additional
constraint on the match, but I do admit I don't fully understand what's allowed
in patterns.

Please disregard if the above is totally stupid.