Hi Daniel,

On 06/08/2020 1:11 pm, Daniel Moisset wrote:
Hi Mark,

As the specific author of that example (and the author of the big it had on a previous version) let me clarify:

The change in semantics is intentional. I could be more explicit, and preserve semantics, but I actually find very likely that the original code does not support other sequences because it would make their code more complicated (so it's a matter of opinion but for me it's a feature, not a bug)

Are you going to mention in the PEP that the two pieces of code are not equivalent, or show an equivalent version?

I don't know whether the original author intended to accept `array.array("u", "hi")` as a legal value, but I suspect that they did not.

Cheers,
Mark.

As for the previous fixed bug, of like to mentioned that I misread the original code (I tend to use >= rather than > for those comparisons) so I read "at least one element" rather than "more than one". Again, it may be subjective taste but I find our version more readable in that respect and less likely to be misinterpreted (making the bug easier to spot there)

Best,

Daniel