Is this the only place where a non-class object with __bases__ is accepted?
Or do we have more such? I recall that long ago you could use certain
non-class objects as base classes.

I think all that hackery may predate (and may even have been an inspiration
for features of) new-style classes.

—Guido

On Sat, Oct 3, 2020 at 03:12 Serhiy Storchaka <storch...@gmail.com> wrote:

> 03.10.20 12:45, Steven D'Aprano пише:
>
> > On Sat, Oct 03, 2020 at 11:41:16AM +0300, Serhiy Storchaka wrote:
>
> >> issubclass() accept types (extension types and new-style classes),
>
> >> classic classes and arbitrary objects with the __bases__ attribute as
>
> >> its arguments.
>

> > I didn't think classic classes were still possible in Python 3. How do
>
> > you get them?
>

> They were originally in Python 2.2.2 code when the support of objects
>
> with the __bases__ attribute was added. In Python 3 there are no classic
>
> classes, but some code was written to support them.

> Message archived at
> https://mail.python.org/archives/list/python-dev@python.org/message/LWQTXQUGHTDCD7PU2RVW3VOQFOPSBEHP/

> --
--Guido (mobile)