This is a known issue and I have brought it up in GitHub OS Maintainers
Feedback Group. It happens to other projects as well.

Currently we have branch protection rule where even administrators couldnt
merge the PR unless all the required checks passed.

Perhaps we can relax the rule to allow administrators to merge the stuck
PRs. At least temporarily until Travis/GitHub fixes it. Does this sound
okay?