On 31/10/20 7:22 am, Mark Shannon wrote:
On 30/10/2020 4:09 pm, Brandt Bucher wrote:
Anyone who reduces pattern matching to "a fancy switch statement" probably isn't the right person to be discussing its semantics and usefulness with.

Pattern matching is a fancy switch statement, if you define "fancy" appropriately ;)

I think Brandt's point is that it sounded as though you were making
a derogatory remark about the statement option, and that people are
likely to stop listening to someone who does that kind of thing.

OOI, what is the reasoning for choosing a statement, not an expression?

Which is a *much* better way to say what I think you were trying to
say.

--
Greg