On 11/21/2020 9:47 AM, David Mertz wrote:
So in my mind, if I had the choice, it is a decision between a sigil and a word to indicate "no, really use this name as a value!" I like a word better, but none of the current keywords really make sense, so it would need to be a new word. I suggested "value", but another word might be better.

NOT_FOUND = 404
match var:
    case 200:
        print("OK")
    case (NOT_FOUND):
        print("Not Found")
    case other_code:
        print("Other code", other_code )

Don't () already indicate an expression to be evaluated?

It's only one character longer than the early . suggestion, and already has the desired meaning of "calculated value" not "bound variable".